Held annually in Moscow, Aircraft Finance and Lease Russia & CIS is the largest event in Russia dedicated entirely to covering the issues of aviation finance, aircraft and engine lease and fleet modernization for the Russian & CIS airlines.
In 2016 more than 180 representatives of Russian & CIS airlines and airports as well as of leading international and domestic lessors, banks, OEMs took part in the conference. See the Conference 2016 Report to understand opportunities for business networking.
What’s new on the agenda in 2017
Despite a number of unfavorable economic and political factors in 2016 Russia’s air transport shows signs of recovery. The Federal Air Transport Agency reported a slight increase in passenger traffic served by Russian airports in 2016: 159.957 million people in 2016 against 159.330 million people in 2015 (+0.2%). Some of the foreign carriers such as Lufthansa and Flydubai started to restore their positions in the Russian market. Russian carriers informed of their fleet renewal plans within the next few years.
While Russian lessors were managing the consequences of the Transaero’s demise, remarketing the carrier’s fleet in 2016, leading foreign lessors carefully watched the changes Russia’s air transport and economy underwent and discussed the growing expansion of the Asian lessors invading the EU and USA markets by purchasing domestic leasing companies.
- What lessons were learned by the carriers and lessors after Transaero’s demise?
- What problems were revealed by the crisis of the previous years for all the players of the aviation finance and lease market in Russia and CIS?
- What challenges and opportunities may appear for the industry players in a global context?
2017 agenda highlights
- Civil Aircraft Register of Russia: to meet international requirements. Who’d be interested?
- Aircraft Fleet Renewal: new business strategies adjusted to current market situation.
- OEMs market analysis: results of 2016 and expectations for the future.
- Aircraft Marketing & Remarketing: working out unique strategies for Russian market.
- Aircraft Repossession: financial, legal and tax issues.
- Helicopter Leasing: market insights.
- Aircraft Engine Leasing: risks and opportunities.
- Lease Process and MRO Perspective.
Senior and financial management of Russian and CIS major and regional airlines, lessors, banks, insurance companies, aircraft industry and regulators.
Among speakers 2017
Conference 2016 participants
AerCap, Allen & Overy, AWAS, Bombardier Aerospace, CFM, CIT Aerospace, Clifford Chance, Concuros Partners, Debevoise & Plimpton, Embraer Europe, GECAS, GE Capital Aviation Services, Horizon Bizjet Leasing, ICF International, Lufthansa Technik AG, Macquarie AirFinance, Mitsui & Domodedovo International Airport, Omsk Airport, Rosbank, Sberbank Leasing, Sberbank of Russia, Siberian Leasing Company, Tupolev and many others.
"An interesting and useful event which becomes increasingly visible in the industry. Great networking opportunity"
Ilya Dvorkin, Allen & Overy
"Thank you for interesting and high-quality event and for up-to-date questions and topics raised"
Maria Rasumova, UTair Airlines
"In my opinion, this conference was useful to a wide range of participants. I believe that the discussions organized during the conference will help airlines, lessors, lenders, representatives of government, investment and analytical communities better understand each other and interact. Discussion of relevant topics with the points of view of different target groups of transport market allows better understanding the prospects of the industry"
Alla Yurova, REGION Investment Company